International students and students living outside Istanbul (out-of-town students) that are registered students of Bahçeşehir University and who will be attending the English Preparatory Program are eligible to use our accommodation services. Admission and registration to the Dormitories is restricted to one academic year. In case there are vacancies in our Dormitories, students living in Istanbul will also be admitted to the dormitories, with regard to the regional priorities.
Student Dormitory Accommodation Fee Payments are made annually for the Fall – Spring Semesters covering a 9-month period (September – June). Payments that are not made in full will not be accepted as final registration and will be refunded to you.
1) For Turkish citizens, a photocopy of the identity card ( for foreign nationals, a photocopy of their passports)
2) Document for the registration status of the student to the university ( for foreign nationals, certificate of educational permit)
3) Four passport photos,
4) Medical Health Report verifying that the student’s state of health is suited for living together with other people (obtained from a Health Care Center, State or Private Hospital),
5) Documentation of the police records and archives,
6) For students of foreign nationalities, documentation of residential permit to be obtained from security department,
For information on how UniHall processes your personal data, you can review the "Clarification Text on Processing Personal Data".
Transportation at UniHall
You will relish a breath of fresh air in Kemerburgaz, one of the greenest places in Istanbul. With UniHall, which is 20 minutes from BAU Beşiktaş South Campus, 10 minutes from Istanbul Airport and 5 minutes from the metro station, you will not waste time in traffic to go to your school. You will enjoy a unique dormitory experience in a location integrated with nature, and with recreational areas promoting concepts of science, technology, design, and art. 444 28 64Kemerburgaz Mithatpaşa Mahallesi İskoza Mevkii Eyüpsultan / İstanbulinfo@unihall.org
· Our dormitories are designed to satisfy the needs of our students from A to Z so that they will be able to sustain their educational and fundamental activities at high standards at home comfort while away from their families.
· Our dormitories, which consist of 12 blocks and offer 403 students a safe, comfortable and hygienic environment throughout their education, offer economical accommodation to students with 1, 3 and 4-person room options in different price categories.
· Our dormitories provide needs such as bedsteads, wardrobes, work desks, libraries, refrigerators and wireless internet access in the rooms, and services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to ensure a most productive studying environment.
· Kitchen, laundry and ironing rooms are offered for your common use, and our centrally-heated dormitories are furnished with 24-hour uninterrupted hot water.
· On the campus, facilities such as markets, cafeterias, dining halls, etc. that our students can utilize are available.
Applications for the dormitories are to be made by the students on the dates ascertained by the Dormitory Directorate via the relevant channels and by carrying out the announced the application process.
The applications for dormitory placements held before each academic year are prioritized according to the following :
· Students of School for Foreign Languages
· International students
· Students who reside out of the city
· Students who reside within the city
No dormitory placement will be made for students who did not register at the university at the beginning of the semester.
Before each academic year, while students are being placed in dormitories, priority is given to the registered students of School of Foreign languages. The remaining applications are considered only afterwards according to the available capacity.
Students applying for accommodation in dormitories must submit the following documents to the dormitory directorate within the period reserved for permanent registration:
1) Petition for application,
2) For Turkish citizens, a photocopy of the identity card ( for foreign nationals, a photocopy of their passports)
3) Document for the registration status of the student to the university ( for foreign nationals, certificate of educational permit)
4) Four passport photos,
5) Medical Health Report verifying that the student’s state of health is suited for living together with other people (obtained from a Health Care Center, State or Private Hospital),
6) Documentation of the police records and archives,
7) For students of foreign nationalities, documentation of residential permit to be obtained from security department,
8) Signed "Service Delivery Agreement" form that delineates the rules of the dormitories and resolutions of the parties involved,
9) Bank receipt for the payment of the dormitory fee.
Dormitory fee includes breakfast, heating, lighting, hot water, cleaning services, use of common areas (kitchen and recreation areas) and unlimited internet access in the room where the student is staying.
Dates for admission to and evacuation of the dormitories are decided and announced by the Dormitory Directorate at the beginning of each academic year. Students whose dormitory applications have been approved can access the dormitory by signing the required forms and submitting the relevant documents, as and at the time specified by the Dormitory Directorate. The deadline for evacuating the dormitories is declared via the notifications announced at the end of each semester.
Our students can inform the Dormitory Directorate of the friends that they want to share their room with for the period they registered to the dormitory. The Dormitory Directorate will do its best to fulfill these requests given the conditions of availability.
Students staying in the dormitory may entertain visitors between 10:00 - 23:00. Visitors are accepted and hosted in the venues (on-campus social areas) allocated by the Dormitory Directorate to this purpose. Visitors cannot be taken to floors, rooms, kitchens, study halls. Students thus visited are held responsible for the visitor's compliance with these rules and any damage they may cause.
Dormitories cannot be accessed after 24:00 o’clock. Students who want to stay out beyond that time must apply to the Dormitory Directorate and receive permission. All students have to use the QR (entry-exit recording system) system while entering and exiting the dormitories.
Hygiene and suitability for health are among the most meticulously protected features of our dormitories. The general cleaning of the rooms and common areas in all dormitory blocks is carried out by the cleaning staff in accordance to the health and hygiene rules. This cleaning subsumes thorough cleaning of student rooms, and washing of bed linen, pillowcases and bed linen. Students are responsible for keeping their rooms clean, except for the scheduled cleaning service provided by the Dormitory Directorate.
In all of our dormitory blocks, sufficient areas are allocated for our students to do laundry, drying and ironing. There is also a private dry cleaning facility in the campus.
Pets are not allowed in the dormitories.
You will relish a breath of fresh air in Kemerburgaz, one of the greenest locations in Istanbul. Our dormitory blocks are 20 minutes away from BAU Beşiktaş South Campus, 10 minutes from Istanbul Airport and 5 minutes from the metro station. You will enjoy a unique dormitory experience in a region integrated with nature, and with communal areas promoting concepts of science, technology, design, and art.
Our experienced doctor and nurse staff are available in the infirmary located on the campus, and our fully equipped ambulance service operates 24/7 in case of your referral to an off-campus hospital.
Any kind of smoking such as cigarettes, pipes, cigars, hookah and pleasure-inducing substances is forbidden in all indoor areas of dormitory buildings (including all individual and public areas such as rooms, bathrooms and toilets, recreation rooms, corridors, balconies, laundry, cafeteria, fire escape stairs, etc.) and in front of the entrance door. Appropriate penal sanctions are applied.
Dormitory fees are determined and announced Before Each Academic Year. Dormitory fees are charged annually as Fall - Spring Semesters.
1) 10 % of the dormitory fee is retained and the remaining portion is refunded to those who quit the dormitory before the starting date of the courses as announced in the university academic calendar. The Service Delivery Agreement is annulled.
2) Students who successfully pass the English Proficiency Exam given by the University’s School of Foreign Languages at the beginning of the academic year and start their first year at the University shall receive a full refund if they have registered to the Dormitory prior to the Exam. In the event that students who have successfully passed the English Proficiency Exam given by the University’s School of Foreign Languages in the interim period wish to move out of the Dormitory, they shall be charged the sum of the monthly accommodation service fees for the services delivered in the preceding months (including the current month) plus 30% of the monthly accommodation service fees for the rest of the contracted months; that is they shall be refunded 70% of the monthly accommodation service fees for the rest of the contracted months. The Service Delivery Contract is terminated.
3) Refunds are also made for those who choose to leave after the starting date of the courses. The fees for the months for which accommodation service was provided is combined with the full fee for the month in which the student leaves, and this sum is added to the 30% of the annual accommodation fee for the remaining months . The total is deducted from the figure paid for dormitory accommodation and the remaining figure constitute the refund.The Service Delivery Agreement is annulled.
4) Refunds are made to the bank account to be declared by the student within one month of the date the student submits his / her request for refund. For the refund, the student should apply to the Dormitory Directorate with the approved Dormitory Dismissal Form and the petition for the return request.
In the event of a resident student not complying with the established rules and regulations, pertinent warnings and penalties are resorted by the Dormitory Directorate and the Disciplinary Board, in accordance with the dormitory directive. If the violations continue, the student may be removed from the dormitory and no further placement for that student will be reserved.
Dormitory quota has been filled, you can only fill out the Reserve List form on this page.
Each student staying in the dormitory is provided with free pillows & covers, sheets, duvet covers and blankets by the Dormitory Management. It is also okay for students to bring and use their own materials.